“ A Child’s Imagination Should Be Society’s Inspiration”~ Quote by Shawn Middleton
Touring New England, Award-Winning Storyteller, and Author, Shawn Middleton mesmerizes his audiences! With his unique style of storytelling, he brings stories to life with finger puppets, sound effects, voice dramatization, pauses, rhythm, sign language, mime and hip-hop dance. Children, parents, teachers, librarians, and community members will be educated, entertained and engaged. Audiences don’t just listen. They sing, clap, dance, chant, and roar with laughter.
With experience in early childhood education, hip-hop dance, sign language and mime, Shawn combines a dramatic flair with great passion to create a unique style of storytelling. As a professional storyteller since 2000, he has brought his genius for spinning yarns to communities from New England to California, with the goal of fostering a deep appreciation for storytelling, reading, and writing.
- Has delivered over 4,500 stories at schools, libraries, early learning centers, and festivals.
- Has been on the Rhode Island, Maine, and New Hampshire Summer Reading Tour.
- Has served as artist in residence at numerous elementary schools throughout the Northeast.
- Has led storytelling workshops across the region including Orlando, Florida at the National Association for the Education of Young Children 2011 Annual Conference, Anaheim, CA at the National Association for the Education of Young Children 2010 Annual Conference, and Washington D.C. at the National Association for the Education of Young Children 2009 Annual Conference.
- NH Credentialing Early Childhood Allied Professional
- Member of Northeast Storytelling and a member of the National Association for the Education of Young Children.
- Winner of the Parent’s Choice Award 2014
- Of the children’s book, “Mia and the Adventure of the Mysterious Library.” Published in 2012
- Of the children’s book, “Sam and the Peanut Butter Crackers.” Published in 2009.
- Released Four CD’s, The Live CD released in 2002, Tell Me A Story released in 2006, A Story For Me & A Story For You, in 2010. Storytelling with Shawn Presents: Tales for the Wee Little Ones Released 2013 “Winner of a Parents’ Choice Recommended Award” ( Spring 2014 )
Learn more about Shawn…